The Pearl Initiative will be organising a Thought Leadership Lecture in partnership with the Abu Dhabi Chamber of Commerce under the theme, "The Importance of Disclosure and Transparency in the New Age of Social Media" on 30 January 2018.
Key Discussion Points:
- An examination of the importance of timely disclosure and how it assists in building the organisations’ reputation and the overall outlook of the public has on the company.
- A review of the social media tools that are considered disclosure platforms and the importance on how this information should be controlled and monitored.
- Exploring the potential contribution of social media tools to enhance the transparency and openness of companies and the private sector and to promote new forms of accountability.
- How social media is changing the way companies handle investor relations and corporate disclosure, offering the potential for more transparency, but also raising questions about legal compliance.
- How social media can be used as a platform to enable external stakeholders to raise concerns through whistleblowing procedures.